Metallurgical Processing laboratory
Prof. Dr. M.I.Nasr
Head of Pyro Metallurgical Processing laboratory
Focuses on the science, technology, and industrial practices of pyrometallurgical extraction of ferrous and non-ferrous metals from their ores and secondary resources to produce value added products.
Provide the latest knowledge to grow and ensure sustainable development of pyrometallurgical processing of minerals and secondary resources.
- Extraction of ferrous and nonferrous metals from primary & secondary resources.
- Preliminary treatment of mineral ores and secondary resources (dehydration, calcinations, and roasting).
- Sulphation process using different sulphatizing agents.
- Solid-state reduction using solid carbon and metals as reducing agents.
- Gaseous reduction using different gases such as H2, CO, CH4
- Development and transfer of blast furnace technologies.
- Smelting process using electric furnaces (electric arc, Tamman & Plasma, ... etc. )
- Chlorination techniques using different chlorinating agents.
- Thermite process, combustion synthesis and mechanical alloying techniques.
- Purification and refining of crude products.
- Transfer and adaptation of Pyrometallurgy technology.