Head of Metal Steel Division
Mobile : 01120208181
Metals Technology Division
Central Metallurgical Research and Development Institute (CMRDI) was established in accordance with Presidential Decree No. 379 at 1983. The executive regulation was issued by the Republican Decree No. 13 at 1989.
In 2003, an amendment in the organizational structure of the Institute was made to be in its present form, which comprises four divisions and 16 departments with 4 departments in each division.
The Division of Metals Technology aims to feed the local markets with metallic products in order to reduce the dependency on imported products in Egypt.
The Metals Technology Division consists of the following departments:
Aim of the Department
The purpose of Metals Technology Division is to serve our researchers, society and others involved in the research, development and application that has to do with the science and technologies for production of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and all the processes linked to plastic deformation and the study of surfaces treatment and protection.
* Conduct advanced scientific and applied research and transform these researches into added value for the Egyptian industries.
Qualify distinguished researchers in the field of metals technology.
* Support researchers and specialists from all universities and Egyptian companies to benefit from the technology of modern metals technologies and provide scientific, research and industrial services that support each field.
* Evolution of Egyptian industrial metals products of all sorts and the transport and presentation of novel technologies.
* Benefit from the scientific expertise and industrial equipment in the division such as developing and producing all types of steel and exploiting Egyptian raw materials in the production of ferrous alloys for the production of steel and cast iron. Also the production of modern magnesium alloys for medical uses - super plasticity alloys - aluminum alloys - copper alloys, and different medical and engineering products.
* Technology transfer and engineers & technicians training from different factories (outside and inside Egypt) on industrial and metals technologies.
Organize scientific meetings, workshops and important conferences related to the support and dissemination of metals technology.
* International cooperation with all countries of the world in order to study and assimilate the technology of the modern metals industry and transfer them to Egypt.
* Achieve scientific integration and cooperation between the Division departments.
* Focus on increasing the Division's contribution to the development of the industrial sector in Egypt, increasing exports and creating new opportunities as a core activity of the Division and participating in the development of the Egyptian economy.
* Preparing to benefit from the new scientific research law and integrating the activities of the division in the axis of scientific research development.
* Focus on developing the performance of all departments in order to increase integration with industry and meet the demands of the development of society in Egypt in the coming period. Also, encourage the rest of the Institute departments to join the development system.
* The administrative, technical and human development of the semi-industrial units in the division's departments and their transformation into integrated production systems and raising their capacities to increase the competitiveness of products in the external market.
* Develop plans for the development of departments during the next five years and work to activate these plans in cooperation with the Institute's management system.